TIME TRAVEL WITH ROMANOV FAMILY: CHILDREN’S ISLAND
Across a canal from the west wing of the Alexander Palace is a tiny island – called the Children’s Island, complete with a miniature but fully real play house. The play house was originally built for the children of the first Tsar Nicholas in 1830, but was fully enjoyed by the last imperial children. The little island also contains a grave yard for the beloved imperial pets.
Read more TIME TRAVEL WITH ROMANOV FAMILY: CHILDREN’S ISLAND